The Frederick Pedalers have a well-deserved reputation as a ‘friendly’ club. Most rides are at least somewhat social, and it is club policy to not drop a rider. Be conservative in choosing your first few club rides, especially if this is your first bike club experience. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional information about group riding or ride classes.
The ride categories take into account both the average speed of the ride and the hilliness of the terrain. The majority of Frederick Pedaler rides are over moderate terrain. Rides that go west over the Catoctins would be considered hilly and the description will indicate that. Rides on the C&O towpath would be considered flat.
- D – Casual
- Flat Terrain: 10–12 mph Moderate Terrain: 8–10 mph Hilly Terrain: 6–8 mph
- C – Easy Touring
- Flat Terrain: 12–14 mph Moderate Terrain: 10–12 mph Hilly Terrain: 8–10 mph
- CC – Touring
- Flat Terrain: 14–16 mph Moderate Terrain: 12–14 mph Hilly Terrain: 10–12 mph
- B – Moderate
- Flat Terrain: 16–18 mph Moderate Terrain: 14–16 mph Hilly Terrain: 12–14 mph
- BB – Spirited
- Flat Terrain: 18–20 mph Moderate Terrain: 16–18 mph Hilly Terrain: 14–16 mph
- A – Training
- Flat Terrain: 20+ mph Moderate Terrain: 18–20 mph Hilly Terrain: 16–18 mph
Ride Start Locations
Lead a Ride
If you would like to lead a ride, click this link to fill out the form.
Sign-in Sheet for Ride Leaders
Ride leaders should download the ClubRides_signin_sheet before rides.
Each year the three ride leaders who turn in the most sign-in sheets will win a prize at the yearly club meeting in March.